Husayn Zaguru, also known as, Hussain Zaguru AbdulQadir is the Curator/Founder of “SoundArt On the Spot Initiative (SOS)” that births the YouTube Series named Inspire Us.
What is your Project about?
At “SoundArt On the Spot Initiative (SOS)”, We inspire people to be creative and move to action; focused on packaging and executing creative and artistic ideas from start to finish. We present a hub and platform for Social Artists and Creators, where they can create, curate and monetize their works to the world ranging from Music, Poetry, Film, Dance, Paint, Photo etc
Tell us more about your background and what prepared you for this vision and mission.
I am a Didactic & Artistic Media Creative, Comm4Dev Consultant, Content creator, Filmmaker, Singer|Songwriter & a Mindset Coach who is passionate about social & serial entrepreneurship. I’m an award winner and a recipient of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) program (2011) and ProjectActNollywood (2014). I’ve been branded as one of the Arewa Creative Industry Ambassadors.
In 2016, I was nominated for the African Youth Awards (AYA) for “Discovery of the Year” amongst other mainstream Artists such as Mr Eazi, Mark Angel, Teacher Mpamire and others from Africa. I’ve created and directed a handful of films ranging from educational Shorts, Features, Series & Documentaries. I’ve worked as a Consultant to developmental projects by NGOs in partnership with agencies; such as EU, UNICEF etc. He created and produced the acclaimed TV/Documentary show – ‘The Wash Challenge’ themed on WATSAN, an EU Inside Project
My mission is to empower and inspire others to follow their DREAMS and live their best life. I’ve been Self employed from all the artistic skills I garnered years back. My first inspiration and courage came when I got to handle an EU project for WATSAN project. I created, directed and edited a 13 Episode show for Children teaching then about Water and Sanitation. So it is more of creation and execution for me, and all these births SoundArt On the Spot Initiative.
Why should anyone care about SOS?
SoundArt On the Spot Initiative provides collaborative and networking space for Creatives, as well as partnering project counterparts (partner/support organizations) to integrate an outcome for pushing the new narratives in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the objectives. More so, to create a safe and diverse space for Creatives to network and collaborate, locally and globally; thereby, creating art on the spot and on the process. We successfully executed our maiden edition of the Boundary Stitcher Workshop, our BRAND WORKSHOP themed, Using Art to Stitch Boundaries from August 4th to 6th, 2022, Abuja, Nigeria, which is my debut workshop that I curate and convened.
How do you define what you do and what stands you out from others doing these same thing (s)?
We emphasize on doing, execution and use of indie strategy – DSquare (DD) approach, i.e. Deliberate Decisions to inspire people into action, making right choices and monetizing their artistic skills. Boundary Stitcher Workshop 2022 is conceived to create a safe and diverse space for creatives, to network and collaborate, ushering new narratives and ideas; fostering peaceful coexistence. We encourage participation across the globe without discrimination based on creed, class, race, ethnicity, faith, age, sex, etc. We had participants all the way from Germany and other parts of the world for the maiden edition. We have also different editions of the workshop to be all encompassing; the Womens’, Kiddies and Global editions.
Who are the people that need to patronize you?
- Individuals that want to establish their artistic skills; that want to be self independent in their creative craft (film, music, photography, dance, poetry etc) and are interested in action and execution irrespective of the category of the art.
- Companies/Organizations/NGO that needs to have tailored-design approaches in managing and executing their goals, reaching their milestones with practical results, becoming relevant and active in their projects both physically and virtually.
What are your core values?
Our core values that have guided us all the way are 5 in number, simply put;
…and most importantly coined by me;
- Deliberate Decision (DSquare)
What’s your ultimate career goal or goals?
- To become a Global Brand/Initiative that curates and convenes art gatherings and executes artistic projects for clients.
- To become an Inspiration for people to learn the secret art and value of taking Deliberate Decisions, and executing their ideas in their lives and businesses.
- To serve as a reference, to the younger generation with a template of the journey to social entrepreneurship.
- To create a bridge, without boundaries between different forms of art including writers, film makers, dancers, musicians and many more.
- To integrate an outcome for pushing the new narratives in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the objectives of any project.
- More so, to create a safe and diverse space for Creatives to network and collaborate, locally and globally; thereby, creating art on the spot and on the process.
Tell us about your support system?
We have a handful network of people and partners that provides us with practical or emotional support, colleagues and very close friends inclusive.
We are in proud support, partnerships and collaborations with;
- Photocarre_four Africa Tersoo Gundu as the Creative Director/Founder
- Benue Book & Arts Festival (BBAF) & Sevhage Literary Development Initiative under the auspices of shortlisted nominee for the 2022 NLNG Nigerian Prize for Literature – Su’eddie Vershima Agema,
- Salim Yunusa, founder of Poetic Wednesdays Initiative,
- Richard Ali, under the auspices of Engaging Borders_Africa
- Blesing Omeiza of HillTop Creative Arts, Abuja
- Sebastian Loerscher (Germany) Freelancer Sketch Artist
- Michal Musialowski (Germany) Founder of Blank Pages & Program Coordinator at Carl von Ossietzky Universitat, Oldenburg.
What makes you happy and keeps you going?
What gives me joy and happiness, is when I see people spring into action, executing their ideas, especially after speaking or teaching them. The passion and mind to always learn and support people keeps me going on and on.
What’s your superpower – that thing you do better than anyone else?
Aha! My superpower is actually a rare one! My SELFLESSNESS is way over 100%. It is a superpower. THE POWER OF SELFLESSNESS is my indie and born superpower. I use it effortlessly! You know what it means to put others’ affairs or problems before yours!
What’s the best way people can get in touch with you?
Business Whatsapp: +2347083946697
Official Email: email@example.com
Why do you do these awesome things you do?
People get obsessed by the fact that they are indoctrinated to believe their own circle, tribe, race, faith etc is supreme. This supremacy of thoughts births the ‘Mob Psychology ‘. You begin to look at others as ‘less’ or ‘Hell Bound’. The reorientation needs to go down fibrously to the roots.
Seeing beyond the prism of these cages or boxes isn’t enough. People are overwhelmed with the idea of ‘Humanity first’, “One people” etc. Look at it this way, those indulged in violent extremism, sure knows about humanity. Trust me, they do. They know what it means to be human and profess the love for your fellow human in the name of humanity. Beyond seeing, the reorientation should be focused on converging the divergence. Stitching together the differences,. Yes, we are different, let’s acknowledge and accept that. The subtle way of melting one’s heart and cushioning the cultural shock, is when they get braced by people whom in totality, have nothing in common. You’d see that most communities that have a blend of diverse mix tend to live harmoniously than a monolithic one. That’s what we do at SoundArt On the Spot
What prepared you yesterday for today’s challenges?
I was bred and nurtured by my parents to be selfless in life. Selflessness gives humanity hope and a sense of direction to productivity. We are not living for ourselves, but for others. Due to my selflessness, I was part of the Award Winners of the Maiden Edition of the Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWiN!) In 2012, as a creative media persona. This is the penultimate reason I geared my lifestyle towards empowering people with my soft skills and all I got. In these dire times, you got to learn one or two skills to keep up the turbulent waves and stay ahead of hurdles.
A word for people who want to be like you.
Make deliberate decisions in your life. Stop thinking it, just do, act! Don’t wait till you have the millions start with even nothing, and the push will come. Most importantly, believe in yourself. You are a social change maker. Learn to start little initiatives, network and collaborate. You are a SUPERSTAR. Tell that to yourself every morning. Cheers!